3.31.2014

HALLO FREUNDE

I’m going to talk about Germany, which is also known as the Federal Republic of Germany.





Germany is in Western and Central Europe, with Denmark bordering to the north, Poland and the Czech Republic to the east, Austria and Switzerland to the south, France and Luxembourg to the southwest, and Belgium and the Netherlands to the northwest.





The country consists of 16 states and its capital and largest city is Berlin. It is the most populous member state in the European Union. Germany is the major economic and political power of Europe. The official language is German, although The most used immigrant languages are Turkish, Kurdish, Polish, the Balkan languages, and Russian. 
Its motto is:  "Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit" (German), which means "Unity and Justice and Freedom".
Its flag and its shield

It’s a federal parliamentary republic.
Its president is Joachim Gauck, since 2012 and its chancellor is Angela Merkel, since 2005. And the ethnic groups are in this way: ---->

-----------
Let’s see some aspects of culture, food, sport

->In German classical music we can distinguish some of the world's most well-known composers, including Ludwig van Beethoven, Johann Sebastian Bach, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Franz Schubert, Georg Friedrich Händel, Robert Schumann, Felix Mendelssohn

->Football is the most popular sport in Germany. The German Football Association is the largest sport organisation of its kind worldwide. The Bundesliga, the top league of German football, is the most popular sports league in Germany. The most well-known footballers are Franz Beckenbauer, Gerd Müller, Jürgen Klinsmann, Lothar Matthäus, and Oliver Kahn.

Other popular spectator sports include winter sports, boxing, handball, ice hockey, water sports

Germany is one of the leading motor sports countries in the world. BMW and Mercedes are manufacturers in motor sport. Furthermore, Porsche has won the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and Audi has won it 11 times. The Formula One driver Michael Schumacher has set many motor sport records during his career and Sebastian Vettel has won the some championships.

 ->The typical food in Germany is different in each region but here are some of them:

Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte(1), kasespatzle(2), eintopf(3), wurst(4), brezel(5), kartoffelpuffer(6), rote grutze(7) and apfelstrudel(8)

-----------------------------------
Finally, I’m going to put a video where you will see places to visit in Berlin. If you have the opportunity to go there, you must do it, trust me!! I hope you like my post and you enjoy reading it and watching the video.


Questions:
1. Would Germany be one of your favourite countries to visit? Why?
2. You can see some typical plates of Germany in one of the pictures. What will you eat? Why?
3. What place would you visit in Berlin? Why? (Of course, places that are mentioned in the video)
Here you have a page where you can know new things about the daily life of a German teenager. (Click on the word ‘here’)

Goodbye class!!

11 comments:

  1. Hello classmates!!

    I want to say to Ana that this is an excellent post, congratulations!! :)

    1- Yes, because I don't know why but I always love Germany... I like its monuments and its climate!

    2- I would eat "rote grutze" because it seems delicious!

    3- I can't see the video, "youtube" says that there are problems with the copyright.

    Goodbye calss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, everyone! This is a fantastic post, Ana, I love Germany!

    1- As Javi, my answer is yes, of course. Germany is really misterious.

    2- Well, I love sweets, so I would eat Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte.

    3- Sorry, I can't see the video, it sais that the user has deleted the video.

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi class!! I love your post Ana, congratulations!

    1.- Of course, because I like the climate, the landscapes and the monuments

    2.- I would eat "apfelstrudel"

    3.- I can´t see the video, because it says that the user remove the video

    bye class!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!!

    Good job Ana, you did a nice post :)

    1) I would like to live in Germany because I think most of the German people are polite although they are shy. But the atmosphere is fantastic and the food is delicious

    2) "wurst" looks great! I think I will visit the kitchen very soon after seeing the food.

    3) There is a problem with the video.

    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry. The user has deleted the video but you can go to Youtube if you want and see Berlin's monument and culture. If you do it, you will be able to answer my question! I recommend you because Berlin is a perfect city!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hellooooooooooooooooooooooo o o o o o o o o o o o o o ooooooooooooo o o o!

    I love your post Ana, because we have learnt a lot about the country that we are going to go in the future looking for a job :)))))))) Now, we can adapt in it perfectly.

    1-Yes, it can be not my favourite but one of the candidates.

    2-Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte. It has an easy explanation: I love chocolate.

    3-hahahaha this time is better to answer the last day because i'm the first to answer this question (María José, this means extra points?)
    Museum Island seems good!

    byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!

    Good post ana! I'm scared... SOMEONE STOP THAT GIRL! I'm a little boy =( wally?

    1-I will visit this country if I have to work there because I don't like so much Germany =S

    2-I choose kartoffelpuffer. It's like if you go to a Spanish restaurant:
    - Hey sir what do you want for dinner??
    -kartoffelpuffer
    -Please come with me inside the kitchen, we have to talk...

    3-I can't see the video... sorry. No extra points.

    BYE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!!

    1.-It's not one of my favourites countries, but i will like to visit it.
    2.-I will choose Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte, because I love chocolate!
    3.-I can´t watch the video

    BYE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello class!

    Ana good post, I like so much your entry, CONGRATULATIONS!!

    1-. Well, I prefer other country to visit, but this country it could be one that I will visit in the future to find a job if Spain continued with this situation.

    2-.I like Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte like some partners, because chocolate.. is chocolate!

    3-. I can´t watch the video.

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1.Yes, because Germany is really misterious and I love all the monuments.
    2.-Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte bacause I love the chocolate's cakes
    3.I can´t watch the video.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!!!

    1. I prefer others countries but in a future I will visit Germany!
    2. Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte because I love chocolate as Naza said.
    3. I can´t watch the video.

    Byee

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.