1.16.2013

Difficult doesn't mean impossible


Almost always, we don’t read or heard news about paralympian sportsmen or sportswomen. We only know about the things that the professional Olympian sportsmen/women do, but in my opinion, are the paralympian people who work harder and really love what they do, and they don’t think only in the money that they can win, because there are a lot of effort behind the prizes and medals they win. It’s too difficult for paralytics people to do things that we do normally. But it doesn't means impossible.



Examples of this effort in paralytics athletes are:

Oscar Pistorius was born in South Africa on November 22, 1986. HE LOST THEIR LEGS WHEN HE WAS ELEVEN MONTHS OLD! But he tried to have a normal life.

He loved doing sports, especially athleticism, but all the people thought that he couldn’t do any sport due to the absence of their legs, but he always said them this:
"I'm not an invalid, just I haven’t got legs. Also, everyone has a disability ... the worse is the lack of spirit".

So, after a hard work, he could do water polo, swimming and the sport where he won more prizes: athleticism.
Oscar became so good in this sport; in fact, they ran in the Olympics games of London (not paralympics games) with athletes with two legs, but he managed to finish at second position in one race!
Also, he has run against a horse in a race, and yes, he has won too!
You can see the video here



And now a Spanish person: Teresa Perales.

She was born in Zaragoza on 29 December 1975. In 1995, at the age of nineteen, she was diagnosed with neuropathy and lost the use of her legs in only three months!

But she never gives up to her dream: be a professional swimmer. So, she worked hard during five years because she wanted to be at the Paralympics Games in Sydney, where she started to win a lot of medals.

Now she is the Spanish Paralympic person with more medals, she has the same record that Michael Phelps, but she will continue swimming more time.


With examples like these, I want you to think about this, because not only the people without a physical or mental disabilities are able to do more things that the people who have those disabilities, only is needed hard work and spirit!

And the questions are...

1-¿Have you ever seen the Paralympic Games?
2-¿What story you liked more,the one of Oscar Pistorius or the other of Teresa Perales? ¿Why?
3-¿What do you think that you are going to do if you have a physical or mental disability?
4-¿Who won the race, the horse or Oscar Pistorius?
5-¿Where were the first Paralympic Games of Teresa Perales?

12 comments:

  1. HI!
    1) Yes, I saw
    2) Oscar Pistorious. Because he has to live without legs when he was 2 old, he can walk like a normal boy or run.
    3)Be better every day
    4) Oscar Pistorius
    5) In Sidney
    A very good post Blanca!
    BYE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everybody!
    Blanca the post is incredible for me. You have all the reason in all the ways... With post like this we learn to apreciate more our lifes and the lifes of people such as Teresa or Oscar. Really, congratulations! I like so much.

    1. Yes, I have seen them. I didn't see them all the days, but I saw them several times with my family. The sport that I saw more was swimming, it was incredible.

    2. I like both, but I have been impressed with the story of Oscar Pistorius because he also run in the Olympics games of London and also people said to him that he can't do almost anything.

    3. I think I will be very sad, but I want to be as Teresa or Oscar, they are a fantastic example.

    4. Of course, the horse is one of the main characters but the person who took and carried the horse was Oscar. He was the real winner.

    5. Her first Paralympic Games were in Sydney in 2000.

    PD: The video is good too! Well done!
    Goodbye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    I want to say Blanca that this post, it's very beautiful, so you can see the problems that have some people and how surpass oneself to do the things that they like!

    1- No, I didn't see them...

    2- The story of Oscar Pistorious, because I know more about him before to read this post, and I like more his case. It's more interesting for me... But both have a good story, with a happy ending.

    3- I hpoe that never occur me that, but if a have to pass for that, I will try to surpass me every day and I will believe on my own.

    4- Oscar Pistorious, I could watch that in TV, it's espectacular!

    5- The Paralimpic Games of Sydney.

    Good bye, see you tomorrow ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!

    Perfect post Blanca! It is really amazing. Congratulations and continue doing posts like this ;)

    1) Yes, I did. I watched only some races but I watched it
    2) Really, I don´t know what history is better. The two histories are full of a big superation and I can´t say what of these is better
    3)Like my partners said, I hope that never occur me that... But if the bad luck arrive to me and I have to pass for one of these illness, I will try to do a normal life, doing the things that I like and without scared
    4) I didn´t watch the race, but I watch the new on TV. It was really unbelievable!
    5) The first time that she participed in Paralympics Games was in Sidney

    Bye!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Blanca! Hi class!

    How could I describe your entry... Perfect, simply perfect. Congratulations! I agree with all your opinion. We understimate Paralympics. And not only Paralympics, people and sports in general!

    1| No, but not because I considere Olympics better than Paralympics... I just have never seen Olympic Games a lot. I only watch opening and closing ceremonies, and some 'cool' sports.

    2| Teresa Perales one. Why? Because deep down, Oscar Pistorius hasn't had legs never. He got used to do evertything without legs, but a normal girl of 19 years old, who lost her legs in only 3 months... It had to be very difficult for her.

    3| The most important thing is to accept it. The second part is that your family and your friends treat you as they have do it before the accident. (Of course, you'll need some help, and in my opinion, the must give it to you)

    4| Oscar Pistorius won the race. A great job!

    5| She went to the Paralympics Games for the first time in Sydney 2000.

    Bye class! Bye Blanca!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!

    1-Yes, I see them all the years at the tv.
    2-Really I don´t know!Both are fantastics and incredibles stories!
    3-I think I´m going to be sad and I think that also I don´t want to continue with my life or how nows?Also I can be better each day!
    4-Oscar Pistorius
    5-In Sydney

    A very good post Blanca:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!

    Blanca your post is very beautiful, I really like it, because I think that (like you said before) all people can do anything. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    1-. Yes, I saw these, years later.

    2-. Well, I like both, because both have shown they can do any sport around the world, doesn´t depend on the weaknesses they have. I think Oscar couldn´t enjoy much with his legs, but Teresa could enjoy them.

    3-. Well, if I happen to have an accident or an illness, first I will be sad and I will try to asimilate; then I will try to do the same things that I did before the accident/illness and finally I will fight to try to beat every day.

    4-.The winner of the race was Oscar!!

    5-. In Sydney.

    Bye :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!

    1- Yes, I had see it.
    2- I like both, because both represent the desire to improve in live.
    3- Well, I will asimilate it, and then I will want to be like one of these people.
    4- The winner of the race was Oscar Pictorious.
    5- In Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HELLO!
    1.- I never see the Paralympic Games.
    2.- I like both because it teaches you that nothing is impossible.
    3.- I would be very sad.
    4.- Oscar Pistorius.
    5.- Her first Paralympic Games were in Sydney in 2000.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello class!
    1~ Yes, I have seen them. I didn't see them all the days but I liked how each of the participants was straining to reach the finish.
    2~ I think the same as Antonio. Oscar Pistorius and Teresa Perales are really one style to follow.
    3~ In my opinion, i think I will be very sad, but moreover I think that I will fight for my goals.
    4~ The winner was Oscar Pistorius!
    5~ Were in Sydney, in 2000.

    I like very much your entrance, Blanca!Congratulations!!!
    Bye class!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello class!

    1. Yes, I see them.
    2. I like both, because Oscar and Teresa struggle to be every day more.
    3. Learn to accept me.
    4. Oscar Pistorius.
    5. In Sydney, in 2000

    Bye:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello!
    1>Yes of course. In my opinion it’s important to see these because they are an example of effort.

    2>Oscar Pistorious, because it’s very sad that you lose your legs when you are only one year old

    3>I suppose I will do lots of things like a normal person.

    4>Oscar Pistorious.

    5>In Sidney.

    Good post Blanca!
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.