1.21.2013

The Oscar

                          "The Oscar" 

In the film´s many awards such as the Oscar.
·What is the Oscar?

The Academy Award, is  a prize awarded by Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in recognition of excellence of professionals in the film industry, including directors, actors and writers. It is one of the world's most prestigious ceremonies, and is broadcast live each year for more than one hundred countries. It is also the oldest award ceremony in the media, and their equivalents.
The AMPAS was conceived by Louis B. Mayer, president of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, as an organization to improve the image of the film industry and help mediate labor disputes. The Oscars were created later by the Academy as an award "in recognition of the achievement obtained" in the film industry.
The first awards ceremony took place on May 16, 1929, at the Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles, honoring film achievements obtained in the years 1927 to 1928.
·In 2012, one of the Spanish films that has been successful has been "The Impossible".


The Impossible is a Spanish film production of dramatic suspense. It is directed by Juan Antonio Bayona, produced by Apaches Entertainment and Telecinco Cinema and starring Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor. The film comes from a true story that recreates the experience of a Spanish family in the tsunami that devastated the coast of Southeast Asia in 2004, which killed thousands of people.

The film was shown worldwide on September 9, 2012 at the International Film Festival in Toronto, July 27 of the same month, one projected in Spain in the International Film Festival of San Sebastian where the protagonist of the film, Ewan McGregor.
Impossible, will be at the Oscars after the nomination of Naomi Watts in the category of Best Actress, as announced Thursday by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Hollywood.
·Now, if you don't see the film of “The Impossible”, you can see this trailer:



·Right now you have the questions of the text, please answer:
1-. Can you tell me what was the first film won the Oscar in 1929?
2-. Do you know any Spanish films that won the Oscar, appart of “The Impossible?
3-. Have you seen this film? Do you like it or no? Why?
4-. What is the film that you like it now? 







11 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Good post Ana Maria! We have to be very happy because a Spanish film is in the Oscars. Congratulations for your post!

    1) The first film was Wings, directed by F. Borzage

    2) "Volver a empezar" was one of the films that won a Oscar

    3) Yes, I did. I did this film two weeks ago with my friends. I think that it is very sad but it luckily has a happy end

    4) I like " El lado bueno de las cosas". I watched the trailer yesterday and from this moment, I want to see it!

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to correct a mistake: " I watched this film two weeks ago with my friends"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello class!!

    This is a good post, Ana Mari, congratulations!!

    1- The first film won the Oscar was "Wings".

    2- "Todo sobre mi madre", directed by Pedro Almodóvar.

    3- Yes, I watched the film with my friend, like Antonio said. Antonio was sitting next to me... ha, ha, ha! I liked so much the film, althoguht it's a very sad film... But it's was very interesting!!

    4- I could like to watch "Los miserables" or "El cuerpo".

    Good night... !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ana Mari! Hi class!

    I knew about this awards before, but I didn't know almost anything about "The Impossible", it's a pity, but I haven't see it!

    1| Talking about film, the one who won the prize in 1929 was "Wings", directed by William A. Wellman.

    2| Yes, of course! "The Sea Inside" is an Spanish film that talks about a man, Ramón San Pedro, who is disable and couldn't do his normal life. He wanted to die, but the Spanish law didn't allow it. So, his wife, killed him (because he asked it) and the Spanish judges called her for a trial. There weren't any evidences, so she was free. Then, she confessed it.

    3| No, I haven't. But I want to watch it!

    4| Nowadays, I want to see "The Sea Inside", but I'm not so sure... I know I'll cry, and I don't want!

    Good post!

    Bye class! Bye Ana Mari!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everybody!

    I want to say to Ana Maria that it is a interesting post. I saw ''The Impossible'', it is a very fantastic film!! Really, although it was a bad experience, it is also beautiful... Congratulations Ana Maria!!

    1. In 1929, the Oscar was won by the film ''Wings'', produced by Lucien Hubbard and directed by William A. Wellman.

    2. Yes, for example ''I talked with her'' or ''Hablé con ella'' (in Spanish), directed by Pedro Almodovar. It won the Oscar in 2003.

    3. I have already told you that I saw this film and I love it!! Because it is incredible how lucky were they... All members of the family were safely after the big catastrophe...

    4. As Javi said, I want to see ''El Cuerpo'' and ''LOL'', I hope to see them soon!

    Goodbye class!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HELLO!

    1. The first film won the Oscar was "Wings".
    2.- ''Mar adentro'' by Alejandro Amenábar.
    3.- Yes, I've seen and I liked it.
    4.- I could like to watch "Brave"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!

    1. Wings.
    2. Plácido by Luis García Berlanga.
    3. No, I didn´t see this film.
    4. I want to see "La boda de mi mejor amiga".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! A very interesting post, Ana María.

    1- It was 'Wings'
    2- "Todo sobre mi madre", from Almodóvar.
    3- Yes, I had see it twice, and I love it.
    4- I want to see "El cuerpo".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!
    Your post is very good, Anamari, I saw "Lo imposible" (like Ana said before) and it was incredible.
    Also, I have never put attencion at this type of things like Oscars, but your post is very interesting.

    1-The film was called "Wings".
    2-I only found five spanish films with Oscars, although I didn't want to repeat any of the films that my partners said, I have to put one of them, because I think there isn't more spanish films with Oscars.
    "Mar adentro" by Alejandro Almenábar.
    3-Yes, I saw it, but I think that it's a sad film because I cried while I was watching it.
    4-I want to see (like some of my partners said before) "El cuerpo" because many people say good things about this film.

    Bye!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi class!
    1>The film that won the Oscar in 1929 was "Wings". It was directed by William A. Wellman.

    2>I found 5 Spanish films with Oscars:
    -``Volver a empezar´´by José Luis García in 1981
    -``Belle époque´´ by Fernando Trueba
    -``Todo sobre mi madre´´by Pedro Almodovar in 2000
    -``Hable con ella´´by Pedro Almodovar in 2003
    -``Mar adentro´´by Alejandro Amenábar in 2005

    3>No, but I want to see it because people say it’s very beautiful.

    4>``El Cuerpo´´

    Well Done!
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HELLO!

    1-Wings.
    2-''Mar adentro'' by Alejandro Amenábar.
    3-Yes, I had see it three times and i love it.
    4- I want to see "El cuerpo".

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.