11.25.2012

Halloween~

                      HALLOWEEN

The All Saints' Day is a Catholic tradition instituted in honor of all the saints, known and unknown to the modern world.Is Pope Gregory III (731-741) which changes the date of May 13 to November 1.

Recently was the day of the dead, on October 1, but the young people at night often celebrate October 31, are often disguised and wearing masks and go by the house asking for sweets or going on the street scaring people.They often disguise monsters like witches, vampires .... When the childrens visits houses they says´´trick or treat`` and the people usually said trait and their give sweets. The day is often associated with the colors orange, black and purple.

And this day, in October 1 people go to the cemetery and see their dead this is a very sad day, on this day you bring flowers, you clean the tomb and pray for them. The churchs says masses in memory of those who died that supposedly belong in purgatory.



They usually eat the typical sweets of the holidays that are the bones of a saint and the donuts.

Here, in Spain, some years ago, we have a lot of died people's respet, but now, we are coping english tradition and we disguise us and we go asking for sweets.


The carved pumpkin has become the symbol  of Halloween. It's called "Jack-o-lantern", from an Irish legend about a man named Jack. He was a lazy farmer who tricked the devil and he refused to free him unless he decided not let Jack go to hell. So Jack began to walk the earth in search of a resting place, carrying a carved turnip with a candle inside.


Some symbols of Halloween:


FROG: It was one of the plagues sent by God on the Egyptian people, because they considered holy.


OWL: Symbol of darkness. The witches use sound to scare the animal according to them, the powers of darkness. They have their image as good luck amulet.











QUESTIONS:

·Have you dressed this year? In what?

·Normally, you going to the cemetery to see your dead?

·What are the typical Halloween sweets?

·What do you do when you ask for candy? 

·Tell me three symbols related to halloween.

        

10 comments:

  1. Hello!

    1. No, I haven´t.
    2. I usually go once a year.
    3. The bones of a saint and the donuts.
    4. When the children said "trick or treat" the people say treat and give to the children some sweets.
    5. Frog, owl and pumpkin.

    Good post!
    Bye:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    Nazareth Good Post!

    1-. Yes, I dressed this year of zombie.

    2-. No, I hardly ever going to the graveyard, but I usually go to the graveyar in the Saint´s Day with my family.

    3-. I think that the sweets typical of Halloween are : candies, chocolate bar...

    4-. Well, normally I give them candies, but if I haven´t got candies, I give something like cookies, or food.

    5-. The pumpkin, bats, ghost, witch...

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello class!

    - No, I did.
    - No, I don't.
    - Candies, sweets...
    - I never ask for candy... But I would ask candies with education.
    - The frog, the owl and the pumpkin.

    Bye!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello:)

    -No, I didn´t.
    -No, I don´t.
    -The bones of a saint
    -I never ask fot candies.
    -Frog, owl and pumpkin.
    Bye!
    That´s a very good post Nazareth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everybody!

    Your post is very funny Naza! I like these topics hahaha.

    1. Well, I tried to do it, but I haven't got enough time, so I can prepare it... It was extrange! hahaha.

    2. No, I never have been in a cementery. I want to go there soon.

    3. Sweets with typical forms of Halloween, such as bones,pumpkins, rats...

    4. I never ask for candy hahaha. But I think people ask for money and they give some sweets.

    5. Pumpkin, caravel and ghost.

    Good afternoon class!!

    ReplyDelete

  7. 1- No, I didn´t. I will dress next year!
    2- Yes, I did. I think that you have to visit them. I feel sad when I go to the cementry but I think that it itsn´t bad for you
    3- Sweets with form of zombies, bones..
    4- I ask like my partners!
    5- Ghost, withches and monsters

    Bye! Good post Naza:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Naza! Hi class!

    1| No, I prefered stay in.

    2| I used to go when a few years ago. Then, I understood, that the most important thing is remember them during all the year, pray for them and keep them inside your heart. At least, this is what I do.

    3| I think that the most usual are candy, but the most typical sweets are caramelized apples. I must try them!

    4| I don't ask for candy, overall because in Spain it isn't very usual and nobodies prepare candies. I would like to prepare them, but anybody is going to come to my house... So I won't do this.

    5| Pumpkins, ghosts and owls

    This year, at the language's school, we practised bobbing. It's a kind of 'sport' that consist of introduce your head inside a tub and you must take the apple. It was great and funny! Good post Naza!

    Bye:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post is good. You have also added some funny games, so your partners will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! A very interesting post, it's funny.

    1- No, I dind't. I don't like so much to dress in hallowen.

    2- No, I didn't, I hate it.

    3- I had always heard the oficial sweets are caramelized candies, but almost all the people give candies.

    4- I had never gone to ask for candies, because in Spain itsn't very usual.

    5- Aghost, a wolfman and pumkins.

    Bye!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.